We gather all of the facts available, including historical and expected attendance, budgetary limitations of the delegates, reasonable goals for sponsorship, and a comprehensive list of the expenses involved in running a conference.
- identify all cost requirements; strike conference budget; calculate cost per delegate
- do banking, pay bills, provide monthly financial statements of revenues and expenses
- monitor costs vs. budget; provide cost control
- follow-up with sponsors, exhibitors, and participants for invoices and receipts; ensure appropriate acknowledgment of industry partners as appropriate
- produce final financial statements for conference